Operating conditions in the hydrocyclone process have a direct impact on plant availability and on grinding and flotation circuit efficiency. To help ensure continuously optimal hydrocyclone operation, Metso Outotec introduced CycloneSense™, a smart measurement system that provides direct, continuous, and reliable online monitoring of the hydrocyclone air core.
Metso Outotec CycloneSense™
© Metso Outotec
The CycloneSense™ technology allows operators to visualize the performance inside the cyclone. It allows continuous online measurement of the cyclone’s air core shape, size, and location based on process tomography, thus helping to find and maintain the optimal operating point for the hydrocyclone. In addition, the measurement system helps to detect and prevent potential problem situations, such as roping, where the slurry is not properly separated and instead some of the larger particles are sent to the overflow and directly to the next stage of processing.
Combining CycloneSense™ with the Metso Outotec PSI® particle size analyzer allows easy optimization of the cyclone cluster and grinding circuit. Metso Outotec’s ACT Cyclone Control and Grinding Optimization is designed to take full advantage of the measurement data and to provide significant and continuous benefits to customers.
The CycloneSense™ measurement system is available for new Metso Outotec hydrocyclones and any existing hydrocyclone installations. As an optional service, Metso Outotec also provides Life Cycle Services with remote monitoring.
Key benefits of CycloneSense™
· Continuous, direct, and reliable online measurement of hydrocyclone air core shape, size, and location
· Helps to prevent problem situations in hydrocyclones, such as roping, and increases uptime and production
· Enables automated hydrocyclone control and performance optimization of the system
· Provides valuable additional information for grinding optimization
· Simple to install, operate, and maintain with no moving parts