Metso Outotec launched the innovative FerroflameTM LowNOx burner for travelling grate pelletizing plants to enable pellet plant operators to achieve the stringent NOx emission targets with ease. The new burner is part of the company’s Planet Positive offering focused on environmentally efficient technologies.
Metso Outotec FerroflameTM LowNOx burner
© Metso Outotec
“We are very excited about the FerroflameTM LowNOx burner, our emission- and cost-efficient alternative to minimize NOx emissions from the combustion process. Its functionality and performance with natural gas have been proven on-site. The burners have been operating successfully at a client site since 2019,” shares Dr. Andreas Munko, Senior Product Manager, Ferrous and Heat Transfer at Metso Outotec.
Metso Outotec’s FerroflameTM LowNOx burner provides the following benefits:
• Up to 80 % reduction of NOx emissions
• Expected thermal penalty on natural gas ~10 %
• Increased pellet homogeneity and quality
• Increased refractory lifetime
• Optimization of NOx vs. Opex with digital solutions possible
• Proven technology
• Easy retrofit of existing plants