The Berlin Recycling and Raw Material Conference will take place on 26th and 27th March 2012 under the patronage of Prof. Dr. Annette Schavan, Federal Minister of Education and Research. The conference will be chaired by Prof. Karl Thomé-Kozmiensky (Fig. 1) and Prof. Daniel Goldmann from Clausthal Technical University.
On the occasion of the conference, amongst other things, the program for the “Year of Sustainability” of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research will be presented.
Scientists from leading universities in the field of technical environmental protection – RWTH Aachen University, Freiberg Mining Academy Technical University, Clausthal Technical University, Leoben Mining University, Augsburg University and Stuttgart University – as well as leading representatives of the plant construction industry, from engineering offices and authorities will make contributions to the program (Fig. 2).
The following topics will be dealt with during the conference:
• 26 March 2012: Plenary session with lectures on political, strategic and legal topics
• 27 March 2012: Four parallel sessions with lectures on:
– Projects promoted by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research in the field of sustainability research
– Economically strategic raw materials in and from waste streams
– Resource potential in mineral residues and by-products of thermal processes
– Recovery of valuable materials from waste streams of municipal and commercial waste as well as the potential of valuable materials in landfills and dumps
A book will be published on the conference containing the lectures as in-depth papers. This documentation is a valuable source of information and a working aid, independent of the conference.