The Sandvik QA331 is a state-of-the-art three-way-split screener based on the world leading Sandvik QA330. The brand new model (Fig.) now comes with improved screening capacity, and is an equally robust, highly durable machine, which has been designed specifically for the recycling and contractor market. Its increased productivity and accurate screening will ensure that it meets customer needs wherever it is used. The screen is suitable for the production of aggregate, top soil and remediation as well as for the recycling of building materials. At the heart of the QA331 is a 4.27 m x 1.52 m two-bearing screen box that possesses an increased six-degree screening angle in-built into the bottom deck of the screen. This feature, coupled with the larger screening surface area, and increased throw on the screen box, enhances screening efficiency and capacity through the actual screen box itself.
The key features and values of the Sandvik QA331 may be summarized as follows:
• High production rate through large screening area, high frequency adjustable angle, double-deck screen and a six-degree-inclined angle on the screen box to produce a “banana” effect
• Fully capable of working at the quarry face, inner city development or recycling centre
• Modern chassis I beam design ensures maximum durability for arduous conditions.
• Global aftermarket support, with standard stock parts to ensure maximum uptime.
• Machine designed for optimum fuel economy and low operating costs
The Sandvik QA331 has a unique folding access walkway fitted as standard around the screen box, thus providing the operator with easy access for maintenance. Additionally, the hopper has a 7 m³ capacity and comes complete with a radio controlled tipping reject grid as standard. The main conveyor is fitted with a 1050 mm heavy-duty belt for processing efficiency, possesses tracks measuring 500 mm in width to cater for various ground conditions, and is pendant-track-controlled for ease of mobility.
Sandvik Mining and Construction Central Europe GmbH, Essen (D), www.mc.sandvik.com