Safety, mobility and versatility at building sites
One year ago Michelin introduced a new tyre for articulated dumpers at building sites and in quarries: the MICHELIN XADN + (Fig.) of the required size 29.5 R 25. Now the French manufacturer is launching additional tyre dimensions to expand its offer of more machines. The new MICHELIN XADN + is now also available in the sizes 23.5 R 25 and 26.5 R 25.
Thus, Michelin now offers tyres for all kinds of articulated dumpers. The new product was already convincing, in particular for operators of sites and quarries looking for versatile tyres. Whether for work on highways or in sand pits and quarries, the MICHELIN XADN + is particularly efficient and offers a high degree of safety and productivity for all kinds of applications.
• More safety: greater protection against injuries due to an additional protective strip at the sides as well as a more resistant tread and a robust carcass, which increase the operating time and, consequently, the productivity of articulated dumpers.
• More profitability: increased running time by 15 % due to a new tread mix and a more durable carcass.
• More environmental protection: Michelin has the goal to achieve a more and more efficient mobility. With this extended product range, the company offers a better performance and, at the same time, reduces the carbon footprint. Thus, for the production of the new MICHELIN XADN + they need up to 18 kg less raw materials are required compared to the predecessor MICHELIN XADN. All MICHELIN tyres for construction machinery and equipment are manufactured in facilities certified according to ISO 14001. Due to this commitment, the company has reduced its environmental impact by 22 percent since 2005. Furthermore, it is possible to repair and retread the MICHELIN XADN +.
This is the result of the so-called C2 technology, with which the heat generation is reduced during operation due to a highly advanced carcass. Furthermore, the tyre pressure is increased by 0.5 bar. This corresponds to an operational air pressure of 5 bar with an admissible carrying capacity of 9250 kg per tyre and a tyre size of 23.5 R 25 and 11 500 kg per tyre with 26.5 R 25.
In addition to these improvements, the new MICHELIN XADN + program offers all the already proven advantages of the MICHELIN XADN, including amongst other things,
• better flotation and excellent traction on a loose subsoil due to a strong tread with numerous blocks and a staggered shoulder block;
• excellent lateral guiding on loose subsoil and efficient self-cleaning ability during the entire service life.
More mobility in quarries and at large building sites means more productivity.